This is a week of throw-away posts, so I'm posting a poem I'm not so sure about. This is the one I mentioned last week, where I'm not quite sure myself what some of the parts mean anymore. My post on my other blog was a huge, ultimately aimless rant, and I don't much feel like revising/rewriting any of my other poems, so I'm posting this one. I'm being honest about my lackluster posting because, for one thing, I doubt anyone will read this post, and for another thing, I feel bad for just posting for the sake of posting, instead of working to have something coherent and, well, better. At least I'm being consistent with my other blog!
If anyone does manage to read this, though, the title and content hopefully get the topic across. It's all probably a little too abstract, but I'm still thinking over style and technique, so hopefully I'll come back with something a bit more polished next time. I do like that line though, "Now is a tricky thing." Anyways, leave comments/criticisms as always, thanks for reading, tune in next week for hopefully better stuff!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Older and Older
by Matthew Stalbaum
I.
The older I get, the more
I am sure that I am
Older, that
I am never sure,
And also,
But I can’t recall it,
Was there a moment ago and now,
Now is a tricky thing
II.
The hair grows thin and parts, fades
(grass grows lush and seas
churn still and again), I
Fade, thinly grow, part and back
still &again, still &again (love
sunsets dreaming sunrise loss)
neveragain, neveragain (love
a sunrise lightning in darkness return)
While nails grow and grow and grow
(creaking stretching moaning on… )
A last night of sleep, and then
(notnever again notnever again…)
A first morning, dew on flowerheads
And showerheads and heads with
Hair, growing lush, still and again
No comments:
Post a Comment
Criticism is always loved, even the negative stuff, so feel free to say something...