In an attempt to rectify myself for last night's mediocre posting, I'm posting this, which is as equally unpolished as "Older and Older" but sounds prettier...and I just wrote it! This is one that will go through a lot of changes because it's something that I've been thinking about a lot, but the beginning came to me last night as I was in bed, and I jotted it down as a note in my phone and liked it. Like I said, it needs a lot of tweaking, so please give me comments on it so I can know needs fixing, what sounds bad, what sounds good, etc. Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love's Not a Poem
by Matthew Stalbaum
Are you in
love? then do
not wait, do not stop
to write a poem
(his smile his chin his arms drape
across your hip and end at
your chest, your breath, your heart)
would be a waste of breath
to spend in kissing
(his smile his chin his fingertips
off now, explore
crevices and plains along
a body beneath yours, he
will kiss in ways a poem cannot
flick off the tongue
lol, I love the irony of this: "Are you in love?...do not stop to write a poem" coming from my favorite poet (next to cummings, naturally, *cough*)! :P This is really great though, the brevity and the imagery are both awesome. Keep writing!
ReplyDelete